Tuesday, August 16, 2005

From Boston to Atlanta to Rome

It's been forever since I've blogged. I'm in Rome, Georgia right now and there's absolutely nothing here. We're staying about 30 minutes away from the firefighting training facility and it's that far only because there's nothing closer. I swear, I'd go crazy if I had to live here...

I was in Boston last week and this week, I'm in Rome, Georgia for practical training. On monday, I did firefighter training!! Crazy isn't it!??? Pictures of me and others fighting a propane tree fire are below. After fighting the propane fire, they put us into a closed room with one sprinkler head and started a fire. Man, when that sprinkler head went off, it pushed 400 degree heat down towards the floor where we were and you could just feel the heat through the firefighter gear. Visibility was 0, I couldn't even see my hand right in front of my mask. Crazy!!
At the end of it all, I can't believe i got paid to have fun that day....I also have the utmost respect for firefighters. Putting on all that equipment in 40 degree heat, then running towards a fire when everyone is running away demands appreciation from all of us.

I can't wait until friday to see Chris and to start a week's holiday camping out in Vancouver....

No comments: